Trains Made Exclusively for Hobby Clubs and Organizations
- METCA (Metropolitan Division Train Collectors Association)
- Lionel Collectors Club of America (LCCA)
- Lionel Operating Train Society (LOTS)
- Southeastern Michigan S Gaugers
- CLRC - Chicagoland Lionel Railroad Club
- National Association of S-Gaugers (NASG)
- Toy Train Operating Museum
- Railroad Museum of Long Island (RMLI)
- LITTLE - Long Island Toy Train Locomotive Engineers
- Southern California S Gaugers Train Club
- Toy Train Operating Society (TTOS)
National Association of S-Gaugers (NASG)
The NASG is the umbrella organization representing the 3/16" model railroading community. The NASG performs a wide range of activities in support of the S gauge world, both highrail and scale. It sets standards for S gauge and maintains lines of communication for S modelers everywhere. Through it's bi-monthly magazine, the DISPATCH, the organization communicates news about local clubs, new products, events, and projects of interest to S scale modelers. The NASG also works closely with highrail and scale manufacturers, including Lionel, and potential manufacturers to help provide products marketable to the membership. Informally organized about 1960, NASG celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2010. For more information about the history and organization of the NASG, check our website page.
Each year, NASG contracts with Lionel to produce an American Flyer commemorative car exclusively for sale to our membership. Our first car was produced in 1981, resumed in 1988 and has continued annually ever since. Our 2010 exclusive car is the Jenney Gasoline triple-dome tank car, now available.
We also have a limited number of these prior year releases still available for purchase:
EJ&E Gondola with coil cover load
General Electric Boom car
General Electric Brownhoist Crane
General Electric Double Searchlight car
Great Northern illuminated Caboose
All are pictured below. To purchase any of these commemorative cars and to become an NASG member (and to see what other cars we have offered over the past years), visit our website page or contact us by mail, phone or email.